PGA of Canada Teacher of the Year
PGA of Canada Professional Development Award Recipient
The first PGA of Canada member to appear on Golf Channel’s hit show “Morning Drive”
Jason Helman is a leader and at the forefront of golf instruction – a national award-winning PGA of Canada Professional with 25 years in the industry.
Over the past 25 years as a Golf Professional, Jason has made his mark in Canada as a top instructor and golf coach. His passion for the game, pride in his students, and their willingness to learn and develop as golfers or athletes so they can reach their highest pinnacle in the game are what drives him. He said, “All I want is for my students to succeed, whether they’re 5 years old or a tour professional.” He also stated, “I don’t have a one dimensional method or model that I follow, there’s more than one way for people to swing a club.” If you spend an hour or a few sessions with him, he will be sure to turn your game around, perhaps your concept and even attitude or approach to the game. He truly builds life long relationships with his students and it’s one of the main reasons Jason Helman is the best golf coach in Canada.
Jason Helman featured in Golf Academy of America
With 25 years in the golf industry, the following are a few of Jason’s accomplishments:
- President & Founder Red Zone Golf Combine App and Instructor Certification Program
- Class ‘A’ Professional and Member of the PGA of Canada
- 2016 – PGA of Canada Professional Development Award Recipient (National)
- 2016 – PGA of Ontario Professional Development Award Recipient (Provincial)
- 2014 – Named Head Coach of Canadian Junior Golf Coaching Program
- 2012 – Jason Helman selected to the NATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD (Golf Academy of America)
- 2012 – Pro Shop Magazine Teacher of the Year
- 2012 – Jason Helman joins the Golf Channel Swing Fix Team of Instructors
- 2011 – Jason Helman ranked in Golf Digest Magazine as Top 5 Prominent Teacher in Canada
- 2011 – Top 50 US Kids Instructor – Worldwide Honourable Mention List
- 2011 – First PGA of Canada Member to appear on NBC’s Golf Channel “Morning Drive” show
- 2010 – PGA of Canada Teacher of the Year (National Award)
- 2010 – PGA of Ontario Teacher of the Year (Provincial Award)
- 2010/11 – GAO Coach of the Year Nominee
- Presently, Director of Instruction, ClubLink Corporation, Wyndance Golf Club, (Greg Norman Design)
- Professional Swing Coach working with various professionals on the following tours: PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, Symetra Tour, Nationwide Tour & PGA Tour of Canada
- Professional Caddie: PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, Nationwide Tour & PGA Tour of Canada
- Previously Nominated for PGA of Ontario Junior Teacher of the Year
- Earned PGA of Canada Teaching Certification Levels 1, 2, 3, 4 – National Coaching Certification Program – NCCP Level (CNC trained) – Coach New Competitor
- Head Teaching Professional, (Architect) Leipzig Golf Academy, Leipzig, Germany
- Graduate Professional Golf Mgmt Program, Golf Academy of America, (Orlando Campus)
Speaking Engagements: Jason Helman has presented for a number of organizations.
Presented to the PGA of Australia
Presented to the PGA of America Northern Michigan Chapter
Presented to the PGA of Ontario
Presented through his own branded Jason Helman Golf Coaching Workshops with guest instructors such as James Leitz, John Graham, Martin Chuck, Chris Welch, James Hong, Mike Fay, Liam Mucklow, Gareth Raflewski, Nick Starchuk
Presented at The Toronto Golf and Travel Show, Multiple times with other instructors, such as Michael Breed, Martin Chuck, Mike Fay and more.
I’ve had some very influential people in my life they haven’t just been great coaches but rather great people. I owe a lot to them for where I am today and for the values, trust and insight they provided me over my years of learning which will continue for the rest of my life. Thank you to the following amazing individuals.
My Mom & Dad for instilling life values and principles that made me the person I am today.
For believing in me and for her Scottish wit and sarcasm, I miss the banter and miss you ; )
My Dad, Gord McLellan (football) Ken Dearborn (football) John Druce (football) Glenn Foster (football) Dave Burt (Jr. hockey)
Conrad Rehling, an amazing man he made you feel like you were his grandson and did so much for the game. His methods were very simple but they made so much sense. Charlie King, so positive in search to help people enjoy the game more. I hope I get the chance in the near future to work with him again. Brad Turner for his short game expertise, a wizard, I never won any Turner cash.
Thank you for allowing me to teach and instruct you. You are my learning and proving ground. I hope you get out there and continue to prove it to yourselves and the golf course.